Mindfulness for the Unemployed (8 week programme delivered 2.5hrs per week)
The purpose of this 8 week programme is to build knowledge, skills, ability and mental wellbeing.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
· Identify the pressures and challenges of being unemployed and the level of control/influence you have
· Explain what is meant by the Stress Reaction Cycle
· Describe the effects of stress – how it affects your body, your feelings, your thoughts and the way you behave
· List unhelpful ways of dealing with stress and the consequences
· Demonstrate how to respond rather than react to difficult situations
· Apply a more mindful approach when dealing with others
· Use mindfulness to improve focus and concentration
· Apply a mindful approach to decision making
· Developing skills to becoming economically active
· Outline a strategy for adopting healthy lifestyle choices.