1 Day Introduction to Mindfulness in Health and Social Care
The course primarily draws upon direct experience of working in a range of health and social care settings.
The course looks at misconceptions people have about mindfulness and replaces this with information backed by rigorous research. The course is designed to help learners to draw upon their direct experience in gaining a greater awareness and understanding of mindfulness. Learners will be encouraged to reflect upon the pressures and challenges faced by people working in health and social care settings and their clients.
This is a practical and hands on introduction to mindfulness that explores the following themes:
· What it means to be mindful
· Mindfulness practices
· The benefits and challenges of being mindful within the health and social care sector
· How to introduce mindfulness to others
· Mindfulness interventions for users of your service
· Mindfulness and self-care
· Mindfulness-based learning and development pathways.